The Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn Women’s Taskforce (ACGWT) is a group of women from the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn who will work together to support and promote women in the local Catholic Church. Our website is regularly updated with our activities.
Our purpose includes:
- To provide a mechanism for the sharing of the Catholic faith and culture for women across the Archdiocese in a supportive, welcoming environment. A hub to facilitate faith formation. To develop the technology, with its own website and social media presence.
- To connect and communicate with all women and energise them on the journey with the Spirit and to disseminate information and resources for adult education in the faith, theology, scripture, spirituality. To form relationships with other Archdiocesan support and prayer groups.
- A place of nourishment and wisdom so we can, in turn, nourish our world.
- To be powerful and positive influence for good within our church community.
- To provide an inclusive voice for women across the Archdiocese and to advocate for their varied interests.
- To validate and amplify the voice of women by giving them representation in decision making in our Archdiocese.
- Establish a working relationship with the Archbishop. We hope to become a voice for change for women in our church.
What is the ACG Women’s Taskforce?
The Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn Women’s Taskforce came into being at the end of 2019, after consultations had taken place regarding the participation of women in the Catholic Church of this region. The women of this group are committed to renewal, community-building, and advocacy around the full participation of women in the Catholic Church. It is hoped that this website will be a hub of information about the work of this group, and we warmly welcome anyone interested to subscribe to our updates using the following link.